26 Mar 2007

Going Green

It feels like we have bypassed spring and landed smack-dab in the middle of summer. Just a few days of pleasant weather after winter and the temperatures have begun to soar. This weekend has been hot, hot, hot. The perfect time to prepare my containers for sowing seeds for my tiny herb and vegetable garden.
I spent a productive afternoon today pottering about getting dirt under my fingernails (literally!). This activity reminded me of the fruits of last year’s labour and I thought I would post some pictures taken then.

This parsley plant has been with me from last April and has survived with minimum care.

I grew tomatoes last year and was rewarded with a few juicy fruits, even though they did not get all the sunlight they needed. Absolutely loved biting into garden fresh tomatoes with the juice dripping down my hand and chin!

I grew many herbs like thyme, rosemary, basil, dill, mint, and methi. The rosemary is still around like a silent companion to the parsley.

This year in addition to this, I plan to grow some chillies. Watching the seeds sprout and put forth their tiny green faces fills me with inexplicable happiness!

No comments: